Alkalinity Test Kit (HR) – LH-2019
- Take out tube, measure about 10ml water sample into tube, add the water to the clean flask.
- Add three drops of Alkalinity (I) (HR) to the flask.
- Swirl to mix, then pink color will appear. If the water remains colorless, the phenophthalein alkalinity is zero, proceed to step 5.
- With swirling, add the Alkalinity (III) (HR) reagent drop by drop of until the color changes from pink to colorless. Count the number of drops (N1)
- Add three drops of Alkalinity (II) (HR) to the flask. Swirl to mix. If the color has no change, indicating N2 is zero.
- As step 4, add the Alkalinity (III) (HR) reagent until the color changes from green to pink. Count the number of drops (N2).
- Calculate the results. Phenophthalein alkalinity = N1 * 100 (mg/L) Total alkalinity = (N1 + N2) * 100 (mg/L)
- Rinse flask with deionized water before the test.
- Better discard the first drop of titrant to ensure the accuracy of the results.
- If you want to test the phenophthalein alkalinity, can remove the steps 5 and 6.
- If you just want to test the total alkalinity, can remove the steps 3 and 4. The total alkalinity =N2 * 100mg/L.